Our Featured Products
Why buy your floor lamps online from us?
We will ship your purchase for free to anywhere in Australia. That’s right, all of Australia for free!
30 day guarantee
Our ‘Super Satisfied’ guarantee means you can return your item for exchange or refund within 30 days.
We use Paypal for safe and secure transactions. We accept a wide range of credit or debit cards as well.
We are an Australian owned business meaning you will get great local service when you buy from us.
Floor lamps have provided us with a whole new way to achieve decoration through lighting. Regardless of how much effort has gone into the decoration of a room, even the most stylish area is not complete without the right lighting. Gone are the days when you could rely on overhead lights to illuminate a room, nowadays, it’s important to get a mix of general lighting, task lighting and accent lighting if you want to set the right mood for your space. So, let’s first find out what these mean:
- General lighting – this refers the overhead lights that do most of the work to illuminate a room;
- Accent lighting – is directed at a certain area or object to emphasise or draw attention to it;
- Task lighting – provides illumination to a workspace or an area where you will perform a certain task.
Lamps are often categorised as ‘task lighting’ as they are mostly used to light us a dark corner or space when someone needs the light to perform a certain task like reading, sewing or knitting etc. However, tall lamps that are designed in a certain way, for example with the light pointing straight up or to the side, can also be used as accent lighting.
So… Why buy one?
Floor lamps are an excellent choice for decoration for a number of reasons. Firstly, they are supremely functional, if you have a dark corner of a room that your general or accent lighting can’t doesn’t reach then a tall lamp can do wonders for illuminating these hard to reach areas. The new trend in arc lamps further enhances this benefit as you can bend them in any direction you want allowing you to achieve the ultimate lighting for any occasion or mood.
In addition to being functional, they are also a great way to add colour, texture or style to a room. Standing lamps come in all different shapes, sizes and styles so you can choose the type of lamp that suits your particular area.
How to choose the right floor lamp
Before you start shopping there are a number of things you must first consider. We’ve created a list of things for you to think about before you start browsing online. If you have any questions or need more info, please get in contact with us.
- Choose your space – if you are buying with a particular corner in mind then you will have already done this. If however, you just like the idea of the lamp you want but you don’t know where you are going to put it yet then I encourage you to decide on this first before you buy. Both the room and the space will have a big impact on the lamp that is right for you.
- Think about the colour scheme – before you rush into a decision, consider the room the lamp is intended for. Look at the colour scheme of the room it’s intended for and consider any large pieces of furniture it might be standing next to and choose a colour that compliments the room.
- Up or down? – Where do you want the light to shine? For example, if you want more light to help you read then an arc lamp might be the best choice. If, however, you want to illuminate a tall dark corner then a lampstand with a tapered shade might be the better selection.
- Consider the style of room – this is perhaps one of the most important points as it will inform the style of lighting you choose. If your room has a traditional style of decor then look for lamps that have shades with a tapered shape as these tend to compliment traditional decor. Alternatively, if your decor is more modern or contemporary, then look for a simple streamlined floor lamp. A few good examples are arc or tripod lamps.
Tips for buying floor lamps online
Now that you have done all your research and you know exactly what you are looking for, it’s time to get browsing! But before you charge ahead with your credit card in hand there are a few things to keep in mind. First and foremost, you must check the shipping costs of any store you visit. There is nothing worse than finding your perfect lamp and then getting to the checkout and releasing the shipping costs are the same price as the actual item itself. A lot of online stores will actually offer free shipping so it’s best to find one of these before you start to browse.
Another important thing to check is the exchanges and returns policy. Shopping online always comes with the risk of not being able to physically see the item before you buy. A lot of online retailers counter this by offering to refund or exchange an item within 30 days if you are not 100% happy. This is the type of store you want to be shipping at!